Executive Director Search
Family Care Center Seeks Candidate For Executive Director Position
The Executive Director (“ED”) reports directly to the Board of Directors (“Board”) of Family Care Center and is responsible for all facility management and day-to-day activities and operations to include: program development and management, staff and volunteer development and management, financial and budget management, fundraising, resource management, community leadership, and public image development. The ED is also responsible for leading Family Care Center’s compliance with the policies and procedures, and participation with the Board on all activities, meetings, and events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Director must have the competencies, skills, and proven leadership ability to successfully carry out Family Care Center’s mission, goals, and vision for serving the community. This position requires a team player with the ability to effectively work with the Board, staff, volunteers, and other community agencies that serve the homeless population. Key competency requirements of the ED are: a) the ability to attract, hire and retain a diverse and competent team of staff and volunteers, b) excellent written and oral communication skills and c) demonstrated ability to create, shape, and deliver results against the business plan and strategic direction of Family Care Center, as approved by the Board.
Programs — Manages all programs consistent with the vision and mission; ensure all program goals and grant contracts and compliances are met; ensures all programs are adequately staffed; regularly reviews and evaluates existing programs; plans, develops, supervises and encourages the growth and expansion of Family Care Center’s services to the community at large; develops and maintains successful partnerships; conduct outreach activities to support the vision, mission and program goals; manages community education workshops and educational presentations; and implements the approved strategic plan.
Human Resources — Hires qualified staff; supervises and leads effective staff and volunteer teams; manages staff resources to sustain operations; schedules and conducts team meetings, annual personnel evaluations with staff; coaches, disciplines, and discharges staff as needed; manages staff and volunteer resources to ensure a team that is diverse, well-trained, highly engaged, and adequate in size to sustain the vision and mission and maximize support for all programs; oversees the selection, training, evaluation, and supervision of volunteers; conducts ongoing professional development and continuing education training; ensures compliance with personnel policies and relevant workplace and employment laws.
Fiscal and Budget Management — Manages all financial functions, record keeping, reporting requirements for Family Care Center; develops and manages the annual budget; reviews monthly budget and balances actuals to projections and presents this information to the Board; schedules and prepares for annual audit; ensures accurate and accessible filing of necessary documents regarding all fiscal matters; prepares grant proposals and other funding requests, and develops new funding sources; prepares and submits subsequent status reports for active grants; communicates with grantors as required; utilizes best practices in fiscal responsibility.
Fundraising and Resource Management — Participates in and supports all fundraising and resource development activities; works with the Board to develop realistic, ambitious plans for acquiring funding and exploring alternate sources of income.
Community Leadership and Public Relations — Represents and promotes Family Care Center to the community, civic and church groups; maintains ongoing contact with personnel, as well as other human service providers and state organizations that specialize in homeless services; develops collateral and web materials; coordinates PR and media contacts
Board Relationship — Works with the Board and staff to develop strategies for achieving mission goals and continued financial sustainability; implements policies and procedures and directives of the Board; prepares reports to the Board on service delivery, funding and financing, staffing needs, caseload information, and office operations.
Other Duties — Other duties as assigned by the Board.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or commensurate professional experience. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in public, private or non-profit management and operations with demonstrated competencies in developing and growing new programs, human resources, finance and budget administration, and marketing / public relations.
OTHER EXPECTED COMPETENCIES
- Proven success with a track record of creating, skillfully leading, organizing, and overseeing staff and volunteers of high intelligence with diverse personalities.
- Ability to interpret the mission, vision, and goals of Family Care Center, and translate them into meaningful programs and outcomes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Strong marketing public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to use good judgment, respect confidentiality and exercise sensitivity when confronted with conflict.
- A sound grasp of the philosophy and principles of administration of services to the homeless including a background in the principles of social work.
- Direct partnership development, community organizing and/or fundraising or grant writing experience.
- Aptitude to delegate work and assign task while putting into place solid administrative procedures to keep Family Care Center’s operations running smoothly, efficiently, and effectively.
Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance covered at 50%
- Paid time off
- Holidays paid
- Monday to Thursday; work every 3rd Friday
- Bachelor or Master’s degree preferred.
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
Company’s Facebook page:
To be considered for this position, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org