Lake Hickory Country Club’s
Family Care Center Pro-Am Tennis
October 20-22, 2023
Traditionally, Lake Hickory Country Club hosts an annual Pro-Am Tennis Benefit for the Family Care Center of Catawba Valley. You may not be aware of the amazing services Family Care Center provides – they serve homeless families and their children with an emergency residential program. This has been an extraordinarily difficult year for non-profits, and this is Family Care Center’s biggest fundraiser! Therefore, we’re thrilled to be able to host a Covid-safe event for Family Care Center again this year – thank you for contributing!
Family Care Center’s housing, social work and life-skills workshops assist homeless families in getting back on their feet and living independently, like:
- Ms. Stevens and her 3 children lost their home after her mother died. Still grieving for her mother, the family ended up in a motel where she worried every day where they were going to live next. Ms. Stevens tried to stay strong for her kids but felt life was getting heavier and heavier on her back. She found FCC and is saving money and already reaching some of her goals. She feels focused, peaceful and relieved.
- The Sandford family left a hostile environment for the sake of their children, but were quickly running out of money staying at a motel. They feel FCC is a fresh start for them and are grateful for
this second chance.
- Ms. Connor and her son were homeless. She was exhausted, working 12-hour days and had to
leave her son with an acquaintance. She found FCC and is grateful they are able to rest their minds and bodies in a safe and secure place. She can think better now, has adjusted her work hours, and is thankful to be able to save and pay off her debts. She looks forward to the future.
Your support ensures we are able to help these and over 60 additional families annually! Below is an outline of the weekend’s events, and please see the next page for all the sponsorship opportunities:
- There will be tennis pros and amateurs playing in the 2023 benefit.
- Become a sponsor and come out and cheer for your favorites.
- Friday night: Mini clinics.
- Saturday: All day tournament play.
- Saturday evening: Come back to the courts for more fun for everyone!
- Sunday: Finals and pros’ exhibition!
To register or sponsor, please fill out the form below and check your email for further instructions on payment before October 14th.
Thank you, from the LHCC Tennis Pro-Am Committee: Family Care Center Board members Marian Erikson, Marsha Diamonti and Wen Tate; and committee members Sandi Horyza, Wendy Walker, Meghan Young and Bret Garnett, Director of Tennis at LHCC.